Thursday, December 17, 2009

Waiting, waiting, waiting....

Well Folks, it's been quite awhile since I've last updated. Sadly it's because I haven't gotten any news since November 3rd. I was notified that my medical packet had been received as of November 4th and that's the last thing that was said. It has now been 6 weeks since then and I was really really hoping that I would be one of the lucky ones like some of you other applicants out there (that got medically cleared as quick as a month after they received the medical packet.). Unfortunately that has not been the case.


About 4 weeks after the packet was received in DC I sent an e-mail to my medical contact just trying to touch base, but got a somewhat cold message back saying, "unless you have questions about something, don't expect to hear anything until you've past the 8-12 week timeframe." I mean I expected that as an answer but thought since I'm always so pleasant in my e-mails to her that she would at least sugar coat the uneventful news with some cheery introduction or warm salutation, but nope haha. Oh well, not everyone feels the need to write really pleasant and exciting e-mails I guess :)

So now I am still waiting, with no word as of yet on if I'm medically cleared or not. I really just want to get out of medical review so I can start my Placement Review!!!!!

In other news, I got a small raise last week that will be retroactive back to June! That means I will be getting a little lump sum of extra money in the next paycheck. Soooo....I decided to get myself something as a little present but really meant for when I'm hopefully serving in the Peace Corps: a new Pentax K-x DSLR!!!! I figured it would be an amazing thing to have so that I can really capture the beauty and experience I will be fortunate enough to see while in another country. Then I can hopefully get really nice prints made so that I can take my service with me anywhere I live.

Well, I'm still hoping that I can get medically cleared before Christmas and then get into Placement review for January. Who knows?! I'm just getting tired of waking up every morning and rushing to my Blackberry to see if I have an e-mail from Peace Corps showing an update to my toolkit.

Best wishes to all for a safe and happy Holiday Season!!!

Perhaps I will write a few non-Peace Corps blogs about the holidays - since the Mangam Family tends to have quite the party haha.

Abientot!

0 comments: